"Header" Home Majors UC Campuses CSU Campuses California Community Colleges Course Articulation

About This Page

This page displays information about the major you selected and helps you identify the community colleges where you can fulfill major preparation requirements.

University Majors

University of California, Los Angeles
Film and Television B.A.

Film and Television B.A.

Open for Fall term only. This four year degree is an extension of the two year degree that our School currently has in place. These undergraduate programs provide an education in the history and theory of the film, television and digital media art forms and basic learning experiences in production within the context of a liberal arts education. The convergence of all the arts forms of the moving-image enables students to move freely among the plurality of media. Applicants for these programs must complete three supplementary writing samples. The requested writing samples are 1) a personal essay-summary of applicants background, interests, academics and creative goals (2 pages max); 2) a critical analysis-an analysis of a film or television show (3 pages) and 3) a creative writing sample-Submit a max 5 pages of your creativity which can include short stories, scripts, storyboards, poetry, photographs or drawings.

  Click here to read more about this major on the campus web site.
  IGETC recommended for this major? Yes
Click here for more information about IGETC.

Choose a California Community College to see course articulation information related to this major at this and nearby community colleges.



ASSIST HomeExploring Majors Home  |  Majors  |  UC Campuses  |  CSU Campuses  |  Community Colleges  |  Course Articulation