"Header" Home Majors UC Campuses CSU Campuses California Community Colleges Course Articulation

About This Page

This page displays information about the major you selected and helps you identify the community colleges where you can fulfill major preparation requirements.

University Majors

San Jose State University
Communicative Disorders and Sciences B.A.

The Communication Disorders and Sciences major provides the academic foundation for students seeking careers as speech-language pathologists or audiologists.  These professions involve diagnosing speech, language, and hearing disorders and providing the appropriate therapy to individuals with communication disorders.  These professions require a graduate degrees for practice. Students receiving a B.A. in CD&S will need to continue on to graduate school in order to obtain an M.A. (in Speech-Language Pathology) or to be an Audiologist an AuD (in Audiology).  Following the completion of a graduate degree, students will be eligible for licensure, national certification, and a preliminary credential to be a speech-language pathologist in the schools. For detailed information about the major and the program please go to www.sjsu.edu/cds

  Click here to read more about this major on the campus web site.
  CSU GE-Breadth/IGETC recommended for this major? Yes
Click here to learn more about CSU GE-Breadth.
Click here to learn more about IGETC for CSU.

Choose a California Community College to see course articulation information related to this major at this and nearby community colleges.



ASSIST HomeExploring Majors Home  |  Majors  |  UC Campuses  |  CSU Campuses  |  Community Colleges  |  Course Articulation